Leave Application | Explore Various Formats and Examples for Leave Application

Leave Application: Leave applications are mostly a formal way of asking for a break from school or a job. If an employee were to take a leave without any consent or intimation, then the productivity of the entire team or office may be compromised. Offices these days have dedicated portals to for seamless leave application.

However, an Application leave detailing the reason may still be preferred across many workplaces. Moreover, the chances of getting the request approved are quite higher when a written request is made. It helps the management or the reporting manager to understand the employee’s situation better and make a decision. Read on to know more about How to Write a Leave Application?

Leave Application – Important Points to Note

When writing a leave application, please do not lie; doing so will bring unwanted repercussions. Furthermore, try to provide relevant details as to why the leave is required and the exact duration of the leave. In some cases, situations may arise spontaneously; hence, providing prior notice will not be feasible. However, for all other leaves, please try to intimate your employer well in advance.

  • Try to keep the content of the letter minimal and to the point.
  • Provide the exact dates of the leave.

Leave Application Samples

The following are a few leave application Format samples catering to various themes of Application for Sick Leave. As the name implies, sick leaves are taken if an individual contracts an illness or need time for recovery from an illness. Other types of leaves. These can include leaves for vacation, family functions, or just a day off.

Sick Leave Application Format for Office

Sample – 1

Subject: Sick Leave Application for Office

Dear Sir/Madam,

I kindly request you to grant me leave for a week as I have contracted a viral fever. I am suffering from high fever and body pain. hence, I need to take leave for rest and recovery. Please contact me if required, I will be reachable at my mobile (insert mobile number here) as well as my email (insert email ID here). I have attached a doctor’s note confirming the need of time for rest and recovery. Thank you for your quick attention to this matter.

Your’s Sincerely,
(Insert name).

Sick Leave Application Format for Office

Sample – 2

Subject: Medical Leave Application to Boss

Dear Mr /Ms (Insert your employer or reporting manager’s name),

I am writing this letter to notify you that I require a week’s leave from work owing to food poisoning. I feel very weak after bouts of diarrhea and vomiting. Moreover, fever has set in along with body pain. Hence, I need complete bed rest for a full recovery. Kindly grant me the required leaves, and if I require an extension, I will notify you at the earliest. I have attached a doctor’s note stating the need for time to recover from the illness. Thank you and kindly oblige.

Yours faithfully,
(Insert name)

Sample – 3

Subject: Leave Application for School and College – Sick Leave

Dear Mr /Ms (Insert your employer or reporting manager’s name),

I will not be able to work for the next few days as I have sprained my ankle. The doctor advised me to be immobile for at least a week. Hence, I kindly request you to grant me leave for the same.

I have handed over my work to my colleague (insert colleague’s name). He/She is qualified to handle the task. If you need to contact me in case of an emergency, I will still be able to receive calls and reply to emails (insert mobile number and email ID).

Thank you and kindly oblige.

Yours Sincerely,
(Insert name).

Sick Leave Application Format for School and College

Different Type of Leave Application

Sometimes, an employee may have to take leave to cater to other issues besides illness. These can range from a vacation to an unexpected death in the family. In such cases, the following format of leaves are applicable:

Sample – 1

Subject: Illness of a family member for Office,

Dear Mr /Ms (Insert your employer or reporting manager’s name),

I am writing this letter to inform you that I require an urgent and unexpected leave for a week. My brother has been diagnosed with dengue and is hospitalized. I need to be there with him and look after my family.

I plan to return to work the following week by (insert date) and assure you that the on-going projects will not be affected. Moreover, I have asked (insert a colleague’s name) to keep track of the projects. If there are any other requirements, I will still be available through mobile and email (insert email ID and phone number).

I thank you for your support and am eagerly anticipating a reply.

Thank you.

Yours Sincerely,
(Insert name).

Sick Leave Application

Sample – 2

Subject: Leave Application – Death of a family member

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am writing this letter to notify you about the unfortunate passing of my grandfather today. I intend to leave as soon as possible, hence, kindly grant me six days’ leave.

I am confident that my current absence will not hamper the workflow. Furthermore, I have asked my colleague, (insert name), to watch over the project in my absence. Once I return to the office (insert date), I will ensure that I catch up and work more effectively.

I thank you for your support during this difficult time.

Yours faithfully,
(Insert name).

Sample – 3

Subject: Leave application – Family vacation to Office

Dear Mr /Ms (Insert your employer or reporting manager’s name),

I am writing this letter to request a 12-day leave as I intend to go on a family vacation. I plan to take my vacation during the winter from (insert date) to (insert date). During this time, we plan to visit the Taj Mahal and other places in Agra.

I am confident that the rest of my team should be able to continue without any setbacks. I will still be available through mobile, and email should any emergencies arise (Insert phone number and email ID).

Thank you. I look forward to hearing your response.

Yours faithfully,
(Insert name).

Leave application - Family vacation to Office

FAQ’s on Leave Application

Question 1.
When should you use Mrs, Miss or Ms?

Answer:
Mrs should always be used for a married woman. Miss is a title used for an unmarried woman. Ms should be used when you are not sure of the marital status of the woman in question.

Question 2.
What is a salutation in a letter?

Answer:
A salutation is a formal greeting typically used at the beginning of the letter. The most commonly used salutation is “dear”.

Question 3.
What is the “subject” in the leave application?

Answer:
The “subject” is a field that is used to describe the contents of the letter. It tells the reader what the letter is about.

Question 4.
What is a Complimentary Close?

Answer:
A complimentary close is the part of the letter signifying the ending. It is typically written in a polite tone and ends with a comma.

The post Leave Application | Explore Various Formats and Examples for Leave Application appeared first on A Plus Topper.



from A Plus Topper
via Learning Made Simple 360

*Note that these contents are Autoblogged from A Plus Topper and cannot be edited.

✌️Founder of Redesign Official™